Linked on our blogs with Why Do We Support Selective Conscientious Objection?
Christian Peace Witness is an ecumenical, ad hoc group of Partners who are called and committed to raising a Christian voice for peace. Our staff is volunteer (although often staff of Partner peace organizations) and our budget is based on donations. We witness to the power of God’s Spirit in bringing us together and enabling this work … (full text about us).
Commitment; Advocacy; Why; CPW Blogs; Resources; Countering Military Recruitment; Nonviolence Pledge;
Whose children /Audios; Truth Commission; Downloads; Partners; Donate;
Address: CPW, by Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America, 4800 Wedgewood Drive, Charlotte, NC 28210-2909, USA;
Direct Contact CPW.
Guiding Principles: Led by faith to peace:
- 1. Our witness will be grounded in worship and scripture and be dependent on the movement of God’s Holy Spirit as we work together for the creation of the “beloved community.”
- 2. We will intentionally and consistently link public witness, worship and advocacy.
- 3. We will boldly affirm the best of our Christian tradition while we reach out to those of other faiths.
- 4. All participants will commit to the principles of nonviolence in our work together.
- 5. We will be hopeful and respectful, accentuating the transforming power of God’s love while prophetically speaking truth to power.
- 6. We will be a movement of volunteers, a growing community of sisters and brothers and partner organizations, expanding the faith-based movement of peacemakers to end the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and to stand against violence in our communities.