Enabling Dignity and Choice through Education,Health,Economic Empowerment and Womens’ Place in governance
Linked with Sumitra – India;
Mahila Samakhya is a well known organization in the field of social development of woman. It Started in 1989 under the National Education Policy 1986.It Works in socially and educationally backward blocks. It works directly with poorest and most marginalized women primarily with dalit women.It uses Right based approach to ensure equity and justice. (Homepage).
- All process and activities within the programme to have respect for women’s existing knowledge, experience and skills.
- Every component and activity within the project must create an environment for learning.
- Women and women’s groups at the village level set the pace, priorities, form and content of all project activities.
- Planning, decision-making and evaluation processes, as well as all levels of personnel must remain accountable to the women’s collectives at the village level.
- All project structures and personnel play facilitative and supportive roles.
- A participatory selection process is followed.
- Management structures decentralized, with participative decision making and devolution of powers and responsibilities to District, Block and village levels.
- Establish a decentralized and participative mode of management, with the decision making powers developed to the district level and to Mahila Sanghas which in turn will provide the necessary conditions for effective participation.
- Enable Mahila Sanghas to actively assist and monitor educational activities in the villages.
- Set in motion circumstances for larger participation of women and girls in formal and non-formal education programmes, and to create an environment in which education can serve the objectives of women’s equality.
- Create an environment in which education can serve the objectives of women’s equality.
Our Vision: Looking at the vast sea of acute deprivation and sufferings, our reach is small but we have successfully created many islands of hope and happiness which with our Vision for 2015 and determination to be there, will grow exponentially and provide firm grounds to the last woman of the State to move forward to a life of dignity and choice
… (full long text /ABOUT).