United Way envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. Imagine a world that fosters hope and opportunity for everyone:
- Where all children receive a quality education that offers a pathway to a brighter tomorrow
- Where the cycle of poverty and financial dependence ends, and productive livelihoods begin for even the most disadvantaged
- Where everyone receives effective health care that improves quality of life
- Where communities not only set significant and measurable goals to advance these fundamental elements of human development, but achieve them … (full text Mission and Vision).
Homepage and find your local United Way;
Who we are /Team; What we do; Worldwide Board; USA Board; Diversity and Inclusion; Accountability; Financial Information; Contribute; Partners; Blog;
Organizational Background: United Way Worldwide is the leadership and support organization for the network of nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 45 countries and territories.
We advance the common good by focusing on improving education, helping people achieve financial stability, and promoting healthy lives, and by mobilizing millions of people to give, advocate, and volunteer to improve the conditions in which they live.
Ethics and Compliance
- Annually, all United Ways certify their adherence to standards that include comprehensive requirements for financial reporting, governance, ethics, diversity and operations.
- To read United Way Worldwide’s completed Form 990s for calendar years 2000-2008, click here.
Code of Ethics:
- United Way volunteers, employees and representatives have a responsibility to uphold the highest ethical standards. We believe these standards go beyond compliance with laws and regulations — calling us to fulfill higher obligations as stewards of the public trust. United Way Worldwide’s Code of Ethics sets forth standards and responsibilities toward this end. The Board of Directors and all United Way Worldwide staff approve the code annually and board members are required to personally certify their compliance to it. To see our code as a PDF document,click here.
Counter Terrorism Laws:
- United Way Worldwide is in compliance with the spirit and intent of the U.S. Patriot Act and other counter terrorism laws. Affirmative action is taken to prevent technical, in-kind, or other resources from inadvertently being used for illegal acts and terrorist activities.
- The read the amended and restated bylaws of United Way Worldwide as a PDF document, click here.