european briefings on globalisation, north-south relations and international ecology
World Economy & Development in brief:
- is a high-quality information service on globalisation, North-South relations, and international ecology
- is the English online edition of the german Informationsbrief Weltwirtschaft & Entwicklung (World Economy & Development – W&E)
- is published bi-monthly (with 6 issues online per year); additional articles appear from time to time on our website
- offers concise and pointed analysis, in-depth news and research-based information on international development and environmental affairs … (about 1/2 /Mission Statement).
Homepage (old URL);
Services; Sample copies; Blogs; Background Papers; Subscriptions; Archives; Links; right column: latest news;
Address /Publisher: Rainer Falk, 98, avenue du X Septembre, L-2550 Luxembourg;
About /Mission Statement 2/2: … World Economy & Development in brief:
- presents the European perspective on international civil society developments
- provides a platform for emerging alternatives to mainstream thinking North and South
- has strong links to international NGOs, research, and media institutions
- supports international advocacy and campaigning vis-à-vis decision makers in national and international politics
- documents relevant trends in civil society organisations and social movements world-wide.
World Economy & Development In Brief is an independent platform for civil society organisations (CSOs), North-South and environmental policy initiatives. It is published by the founder of the German NGO WEED and the long-standing editor of World Economy & Development, Rainer Falk, Luxembourg, in co-operation with an international network of scientists, on-the-ground specialists and experts.
What we offer:
- World Economy & Development In Brief by subscription: Only by subscription you have access to all issues (6 per year) and to all additional website articles. Subscribe here.
- World Economy & Development E-mail Alert: Put your name and your e-mail address on our mailing list here.
- World Economy & Development RSS-Newsfeeds: We offer 2 newsfeeds informing about the recent articles on our website and the current issue of our service. In addition webmasters can get Idea Feeds for to boost their web traffic by aggregating the feed here.
We have two website addresses: www.world-economy-and-development.org and www.wdev.eu. The first one is just our name. The second one is not only a short and convenient abbreviation. It is published through the new European internet domain “.eu” – the European counterpart to the US dominated domains “.org” and “.com”.