IRD provides cost-effective relief and development programs in six core sectors, as well as facilitating in-kind contributions as needed:
- Democracy, Governance & Community Development: IRD works at the ground level with local partners to promote planning, education and training to rebuild community life when it has been disabled by tragedy and conflict. IRD programs encourage citizen participation, guide the distribution of humanitarian aid, and help identify community goals and priorities.
- Community Stabilization: … (full long text What we do).
Compliance; Publications; Subscribe; Press; Join /Register; Get involved; Donate; Board; Staff; Donors, Partners; Careers;
Address: , 1621 North Kent Street, Fourth Floor, Arlington, VA 22209, USA;
Who we are /Our Mission: IRD’s mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency.
IRD is one of the premier organizations implementing development services and programs across a broad spectrum of regions and technical activities. Our mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and to provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency.
We accomplish this mission by running targeted, cost-effective development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups. We work in regions of the world that present social, political, and technical challenges, and particularly specialize in helping communities affected by conflict and war to recover and improve. We collaborate with a wide range of organizations to design and implement humanitarian relief and development aid programs.
- Regional capability in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- Sectoral capability in infrastructure, health, agriculture, economic development, democracy and governance, community development, water and sanitation, relief, and logistics.
- Thematic capability in public-private partnerships, multi-sectoral programming, civil-military programs, design, construction and engineering, management and rapid start up.
Facts about IRD:
- RD was founded by Dr. Arthur B. Keys, Jr. in 1998;
- IRD provides nearly $500 million annually in development assistance to Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East;
- ince 1998, IRD has provided over $1.75 billion in humanitarian assistance to vulnerable populations around the world;
- Currently IRD is implementing or developing assistance programs in nearly 40 countries; and
- IRD provides cost-effective relief and development programs in six core sectors.