also in fr and es
With ten million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts from 145 countries across the world, the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) is the largest voluntary movement dedicated to girls and young women in the world … (about WAGGGS).
About Guiding: Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting is open to all girls and young women whatever their religion, ethnic group or background. A Girl Guide or Girl Scout accepts the Promise and the Law based on spiritual values, personal development and commitment to helping others.
- self-confidence, self-esteem
- sound values
- ability to cope with change
- appreciation of others
- leadership skills
- healthy lifestyles
- international understanding
- Commitment and skills in service to other
These outcomes are developed through the unique educational approach practiced by Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting. It is values based, non-formal education operating in a intergenerational, global, multi-cultural environment, Guiding is about meeting new friends, developing an understanding of teamwork and a sense of adventure as well as absorbing the importance of taking part in a wider community and reaching out to make a difference; both locally and globally.
The Girl Guide and Girl Scout experience
The Girl Guide and Girl Scout experience is full of activities and opportunities for everyone. You can:
- Challenge yourself physically and mentally
- Get involved in your community through volunteering and community action projects
- Meet friends from all around the world and just next door
- Travel and learn about new cultures
- Advocate on issues you care about, influencing decision-makers
- Learn and practice leadership
- Have fun by learning in a non-formal setting, with songs, games, crafts and activities
- Be yourself in a safe and creative environment
- Pass on your knowledge by volunteering to be a Guide or Scout leader.
Fundamental Principles -An Ideal and a Spirit: … (full long text).