Linked with Alice Ophelia Hyman Lynch – USA.
WAND empowers women. To take political action. To change our culture and our national priorities: Toward peace and real security. Away from militarism and violence. (Frontpage and Newletter).
Homepage and News;
Urge Your Senators to Ban Cluster Bombs;
American Budget pie;
No new nukes!
Our blog: women, power, peace;
News Bulletin Archive;
The WAND Education Fund;
WiLL, the women’s legislators’ Lobby;
Address: WAND, 322 4th St., NE, Washington, DC 20002;
Who we are and what we do: … What we do: WAND’s evolution as an organization
FFor a brief history of WAND, click here.
WAND was founded in 1982 as Women’s Action for Nuclear Disarmament. With the end of the cold war, we became Women’s Action for New Directions, and have been dedicating our energies to redirect federal budget priorities away from the military and toward human needs.
Our goals are to:
- Challenge and promote alternatives to militarism and violence as the solution to conflict.
- Shift from a military to a civilian-based economy to address the threats to our real security, ensuring that human, economic and environmental needs are met.
- Clean up environmental effects of nuclear weapons production as well as toxic waste at all military facilities, and prevent further contamination.
- Eliminate the testing, production, sale and use of weapons of mass destruction.
- Prevent violence against women.
- Increase women’s political leadership to further WAND’s goals.
Who we are: … (full text).