Linked with Prak Sokhany – Cambodia.
- ACTS is a collaborative initiative to develop innovative MA courses in Conflict Transformation Studies in regions affected by intractable conflicts.
- ACTS is for people actively working on critical social issues, including peacebuilding, conflict transformation, reconciliation, rights, development, the environment
- … (full text Homepage).
Highlights of the ACTS Conference 2007;
ACTS: in the Balkans and Middle East, in ASIA; in Africa; in Western Europe; in America.
About ACTS Partners;
Downloads; and Links;
Addresse Headquarter:ACTS, 1046 Bristol Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham, B29 6LJ, UK;
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME: ACTS is a two year part-time MA course, during which time participants come together for 6 residential seminars. It is run by participating regional centres, and each learning group is recruited from within that region.
It aims to:
- Provide an accessible, flexible opportunity for advanced, practical learning in conflict transformation for people who want to make constructive change happen in their situation.
- Generate and share more widely new knowledge, theory and insights relevant to work for peace and justice in the region.
- Challenge and strengthen existing work for peace and justice by deepening the capacity of practitioners, and their organisations and networks, for complex analysis and strategic activity at all levels.
EACH COURSE INCLUDES:
- Practical study
- Advanced conflict intervention skills
- Theory building
- Strategy development
- Action research
The course has a strong focus on developing specialised action research into areas of peacebuilding and conflict transformation which are based on the work of participants and their organisations.
A core curriculum has been developed by an international team, which is adapted by each centre to take into account the regional context and to be responsive to the needs of participants.
Participants: … (full text).