globalgiving.co.uk

UK registered charity no 1122823

  • All organisations and their projects are vetted by GlobalGiving to ensure they are genuine and charitable in nature.
  • You browse the website, and pick a specific project that matches your interests and passions.
  • You make a donation (for any amount above £5). For each project you can also see illustrated examples of what different donation amounts can potentially ‘buy’.
  • We combine your giving with other donations to the same project. We then send the money to the organisation once a meaningful total (minimum £250) has been reached, and whenever possible within 60 days to ensure the money has an immediate impact.
  • We ensure that 90% of your donation (including any Gift Aid) goes to your chosen project. The remaining 10% is used to help cover our own costs as a small UK charity, well below the overhead levels of traditional charities … (full text how it works).

Homepage; Sitemap;
Find projects; Project stories; Watch; Read; Globalgivers; Get involved; FAQs;
Address: GlobalGiving, The Hub, 5 Torrens Street, London EC1V 1NG, UK;
Map and Contact.

About: GlobalGiving.co.uk enables you to support well-vetted, grassroots projects all over the world.

You can browse projects from all over the world, give to the ones you are most passionate about, and see the impact of your donations.

Most of the projects on GlobalGiving.co.uk are in the developing world where a small amount of money usually goes a long way, benefiting communities that wouldn’t otherwise have access to supporters in the UK.

Over £17 million has now been raised for 1,500 projects, across GlobalGiving’s US and UK websites. GlobalGiving.co.uk launched in the UK in September 2008, and the website has been averaging 300,000 annual unique visitors.

Our UK corporate partners and supporters include the likes of Google, Expedia, eBay, Merrill Lynch and the Guardian. GlobalGiving’s success has also started to influence the UK’s wider policy towards overseas development.

Our community of donors, projects and funders are now pushing us towards a more ambitious vision: ‘GlobalGiving 2.0’ – the opportunity to use our technology and operating model to ‘reinvent’ overseas aid, one person at a time’

Watch our video to find out more (or read about our vision) and please contact us if you would like to support GlobalGiving in this vision.

Comments are closed.